| Email Tutorials - Microsoft Outlook 2002
Microsoft Outlook is a powerful email and scheduling program offered as part of the Microsoft Office suite of applications. This tutorial shows you how to configure Outlook to retrieve mail from your VIP PowerNet email account. The following screen shots are taken with Outlook2002 on Windows XP, but they should be very similar to other versions on different operating systems.
1. Start your Outlook 2002 software. Click 'Tools' and select 'Options'.
2. On the Options page, select the Mail Setup tab and click 'E-mail Accounts...'.
3. On the E-mail Accounts page, select 'Add a new e-mail account' and click 'Next'.
4. On the Server Type page select 'POP3' server type.
5. On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) page enter the email user name and e-mail address, user name and password and incoming and outgoing mail servers and then click 'Next'. You may check 'Remember password' but DO NOT check 'Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)'.
User Name: userID%yourdomain.com
(Note: the "%" character used in the Logon User Name is NOT a typo)
Incoming mail server (POP3): mail.yourdomain.com
(Replace yourdomain.com with your own domain name)
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): provided by your ISP
6. Congratulations! You have successfully setup your POP email software. Click Finish to end.