| Email Tutorials - Mozilla Thunderbird
Thunderbird 1.0 is Mozillas next generation e-mail client. Thunderbird makes emailing safer, faster, and easier than ever before with the industrys best implementations of features such as intelligent spam filters, saved search folders, built-in RSS support, privacy protection and much more. This tutorial shows you how to configure Thunderbird 1.0 to retrieve mail from your VIP PowerNet email account.
1. Start your Thunderbird software. Click Tools and select Account Settings...
2. On the Local Folders, click Add Account.
3. On the New Account Setup page, select Email account and click Next.
4. On the Identity page, enter your name in Your Name: field and your email address in the Email Address: field and click Next.
5. On the Server Information page, select POP as the incoming server type and enter mail.yourdomain.com as the Incoming Server: and click Next.
(Replace yourdomain.com with your own domain name)
6. On the User Names page, enter userID%yourdomain.com as the Incoming User Name and click Next.
(Note: the "%" character used in the Logon User Name is NOT a typo)
7. On the Account Name page enter a name for this email account profile within Thunderbird and click Next.
8. Congratulations! You have almost successfully setup your POP email software. Click Finish to end the Account Wizard.
9. On your newly setup email account, under Server Settings, ensure that Use secure authentication is checked.
10. In Account Settings, select Outgoing Server (SMTP) and enter the SMTP server provided by your ISP as your SMTP server name and click Ok.
11. Congratulations! You have successfully setup your POP email software.