| Scripting Tutorial - Mambo Web Content Management System
Mambo Open Source is the finest open source Web Content Management System available today.
With Mambo Open Source there is no need for HTML, XML or DHTML skills, just enter your content, add a picture and then through the easy to use administrator web-interface ...click Publish!
With the in-built editor Mambo Open Source allows you to design and create your content without the need for HTML code. Maintaining a website has never been easier.
This tutorial will guide you through the Mambo Open Source 4.5 Stable Version setup and installation process on our servers. It is assumed that your account has support for PHP and MySQL database and that you have already created your database.
Part A - Downloading the Script
1. The script can be downloaded here.
2. The file that you will download is a compressed bundle containing the files of the Mambo Open Source 4.5 distribution in tar.gz format. Unpack this archive in a temporary directory on your computer using decompression software.
Part B - Database Setup
1. Before you proceed, please ensure that you have created your MySQL database on your web server via your Site Administration Panel.
Part C - Upload Mambo Open Source
1. Upload the content of Mambo including subfolders to the root or a know folder of your web server using a FTP program.
Part D - Software Configuration
1. When finished uploading go to your homepage (http://www.yourdomain.com/knowfolder). If nothing went wrong you will see a start/check page generated by MOS. If you dont see the Check page please check the following:
- Was everything uploaded to your website?
- Did you remove (and back upped) your old website?
- Do you really have Ultra hosting service with VIP PowerNet?
2. When you see the check page and everything checked out ok you can press "continue".
3. Enter the configuration of your My SQL Database.
4. Type in the name for your Mambo Open Source site. This name is used in email messages so make it something meaningful.
5. If URL and Path looks correct then please do not change.
Enter your e-mail address, this will be the e-mail address of the site SuperAdministrator.
Enter your admin password, this will be the password of the site SuperAdministrator. You can use generated one or enter yours.
6. Your setup has now been completed and you are ready to MAMBO!
PLEASE REMEMBER TO COMPLETELY REMOVE THE INSTALLATION DIRECTORY!
Click the "Run" button to start Mambo Open Source site or "Admin" to take you to administrator login.
For more supports on Mambo Open Source please visit the website: http://www.mamboserver.com/
Useful Links: http://www.mamboserver.com/index.php?option=com_weblinks&Itemid=5